Download the firmware and upgrade tool as below:
A. Latest PROBOX2 EX firmware
- Download here: http://probox2.com/category/probox2-ex-firmware/
- Extract the zip file and you will get a .img file (for firmware upgrade on Procedure section below)
B. Upgrade tool PROBOX2-EX-upgrade-tool.zip
- Download here: PROBOX2-EX-upgrade-tool
- Extract PROBOX2-EX-upgrade-tool.zip
- Run the EXE file (e.g. setup_v126.96.36.199306_Alpha_x86.exe) to install it.
- After installed, USB_Burning_Tool will be shown on your desktop / start menu.
C. Download and install drivers (make sure that there is no drivers problem with your PC) from Moborobo, or here: http://download.moborobo.com/download/Client/Moborobo(Moborobo_En_official).exe
- Make sure that Moborobo has been installed.
A. Launch USB_Burning_Tool as below:
B. You can change the language to English as below:
C. Click “File” and choose”Import image”, choose the .img file you just download.
D. Prepare a thin metal stick / paper clip, then press and hold the restore button (inside the AV port hole). Then press Power button at the same time. After 3-5 seconds USB_Burning_Tool will detect the USB device as below:
E. Click “Start” to start firmware upgrade, it should take around 4-8 mins and please do NOT power off / unplug PROBOX2 EX during firmware upgrade.
F. After finished firmware upgrade, it will auto disconnected. Now you can unplug it and connect to TV again.
Video demonstration by China Gadgets: